Last Revised: March 31, 2015
Our data usage policy (“Policy“) explains how personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Monarch Fire Protection District (“Monarch“, “we” or “us“) with respect to your access and use of Monarch’s website at www.monarchfpd.org or any other online tool or service, including those accessible through websites maintained, in whole or in part, by Monarch, or through mobile devices, applications or software (collectively, the “Service“) so you can make an informed decision about using the Service.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on this Policy the date it was last updated and notifying you via the Service. Your privacy is important to us, so we encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide to us or is collected about you will be used.
What Is Personal Information?
As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such a name, user name or e-mail address), or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include anonymous information, nor does it include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Service or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of anonymous or aggregate information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect information from you in various ways when you use the Service. For example, we collect information: (i) that you voluntarily provide to us (such as when you send us an email); (ii) that you allow us to access, including information from third parties; and (iii) about you that is publicly available. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, email address, gender, date of birth, city of residence, social network data and performance related data. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with posting data, providing access to your online groups and other activities in connection with the Service.
Passive Collection: When you use the Service, some information is also automatically collected, such as your IP address, your operating system, the browser type, mobile phone type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on the Service. We may also automatically collect certain activity information in server logs, including information about how you use various features of the Service and information about the number, frequency and length of each session. We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve the Service and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services made available via the Service. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on the Service. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Service or in emails relating to the Service to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Service, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. In some situations we store information about accounts connected to Monarch and account credentials in order to provide a more seamless cross-platform experience as you add additional devices through which you'd like to access the Service.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through the Service for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Service. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide and maintain the Service or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Service;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Service usage and trends;
- to personalize and improve the Service, and our users’ experiences with the Service (such as providing content or features that match interests), and to increase the Service’s functionality and user friendliness;
- to provide you with news and information about our or third party events, offers, promotions and services we think will be of interest to you;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Service;
- to notify you about important changes to the Service; and for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not knowingly share the personal information we collect from you through the Service with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Service. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers“) who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Service and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Monarch, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public including without limitation to protect Monarch or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Service; and
- to enforce or apply this Policy, the Terms, or our other policies or agreements
You understand that when you use the Service, provide information via the Service, allow us to access information for the Service, as well as share any information with individuals through the Service, that information may be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any other users or third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with third party privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such third parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online and Your Data?
Again, because your privacy is important to us, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse. To assist with the protection of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Service by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
If you choose to publicly share information while using the Service, you acknowledge that this information may be accessed, duplicated, reproduced, stored or used by any third party that has access to the public location where you posted your information. You are further acknowledging that Monarch is not responsible for any third party use of your information.
Use by Persons Under 13
Monarch does not intend to direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we become aware or are notified that a user is under age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete any Personal Information from that user’s account.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us via the Contact page.